- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Sciatica Treatment from Dilliard Chiropractic P.C.
At Dilliard Chiropractic P.C., we provide comprehensive chiropractic care for individuals struggling with pain. Sciatica is one of the most common types of nerve pain related to the misalignment of the spinal column. When you visit our team in San Diego, we’ll determine if you are suffering from sciatica and provide you with comprehensive treatment to address your specific condition. Using our natural, holistic treatments, patients often find relief that pain medications cannot offer.
What Is Sciatica Pain?
Sciatica pain is a symptom of a larger problem. The pain generally starts in the lower back and extends into the hips and legs. It may feel like a significant cramp or it may be a shooting pain that doesn’t seem to go away. Many people experience other symptoms including:
- A tingling feeling (often pins and needles)
- Sensation of pain that runs down one or both legs
- Inability to bend the knee
- Trouble moving the foot or toes
If you have these symptoms of sciatica, you’ll want to take action to treat it. This condition is caused by a pinched nerve in the lower spinal column.
What Causes Sciatica Pain?
In a properly aligned spine, the vertebrae, or bones of the spinal column sit on top of each other with fluid-filled discs in between. These discs can become compressed, leading to a pinching of the nerves that run through the spinal column. When this happens, it causes pain. In sciatica pain, the sciatic nerve, the longest nerve in the body, is impacted. The pain runs through this nerve, which extends into each of the legs. There are various causes of this occurring such as:
- Spinal stenosis, a condition where the spinal canal where the nerves run becomes narrowed. This puts pressure on the nerves, causing the pain.
- A herniated or slipped disc, a condition in which the spinal column is no longer aligned properly, causing a pinching of the nerves.
- Piriformis syndrome, a condition in which a muscle in the buttocks spasms, causing pressure on the sciatic nerve
How Can Chiropractic Care Help with Sciatica Pain?
If you suffer from this condition, sciatica treatment begins with a visit to your chiropractor. Our team will work closely with you to determine what your symptoms are and offer a full exam. We can then use manual adjustments to adjust the spinal column’s positioning. By doing this, we can work to reduce some of the pain and pressure on the sciatic nerve. Unlike other types of treatments, chiropractic care does not just mask the symptoms of this pain. It facilitates the ability to heal by addressing the underlying cause of the pain. Even if you have not had success with other treatments, you may benefit from chiropractic care.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Chiropractor in San Diego
Dilliard Chiropractic P.C. offers full chiropractic care for sciatica. When you visit your chiropractor in San Diego, we’ll talk to you about your pain, mobility, and other systems. We’ll then offer a sciatica treatment right for you. Call us now for an appointment: 619-447-2651.